Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Honesty

You wrote me a love letter from India
and at the end of it you said, I hope
you're thinking of me. Then came another
letter from China; you said you wrote that one
while travelling on a dodgy train with your piss-drunk
friend sitting beside you. You said you saved me
photo-film cans filled with sand you picked
from all the exotic places you've been- just as I'd asked you to,
before you left.

Your last letter you wrote after you came back.
You realized I didn't feel the same way any
more. Something died in me between the time you left
and your return and try as i might I could not
find the answer.

At least this was what I told you because
in the end, it was much easier to pretend than to pile
on hurt onto your pain if I were to say in all honesty,
I just don't love you anymore.

(21 Nov 2007)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home