Tuesday, January 22, 2008

At a loss again

How do you deal with workplace hypocrites who call you their 'dear friend' and sms-es you 'get well' wishes when you're sick and yet says things about you behind your back?

I'm 35 and I still do not know the answer to that. In any case, I know some people are competitive and one way to get ahead is to push others' credibility down. I've decided against confronting her or questioning her friendship or values etc. i think life's too short for misery and enemies. At 35, I'll just do my job and appreciate the genuine friendship of other colleagues who come my way.

I wonder why its hard for people to be genuine or sincere. If I have one wish, its for people to be able to say whats in their hearts and minds and not be afraid of what comes after. Let the chips fall where they may.

2 Comments:

Blogger kittyn said...

ooh.... it happens all the time at the workplace... someone who says nice things in your face but gossips abt your private life behind your back.... people who conveniently passes you their work when they go on leave but refuses to lend a hand when it's your turn....

Sometimes it's no wonder I can be quite a skeptic towards people I know at work....

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kittyn, yeah i know. Such people are scumbags..bah! Hope they choke on their furballs! But there are good humans too, we're blessed if we find more nice people than horrid ones in our everyday lives.

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home