Thursday, April 20, 2006

Holy Smokes...



We were at Meng's place aka 'The Sheesha Bar', enjoying an apple-flavoured smoke. It was sweet release.

Havent smoked in gabazillion years so even sheesha smoke felt like heaven that day.
Nowadays when i do get hold of the odd cigarette stick or two, I feel like the squirrel in Ice Age (the movie); the temptation to caress the stick lovingly gets a bit strong sometimes, i'm almost overcome by the feeling *sniff*
Well, its good tho that i stopped, or rather, The Husband forced me to stop.

Sukri, a good friend, recently told me his father has been diagnosed with advanced stage of lung cancer. The prognosis isnt good. When i heard, it made me sick with myself then that i'm taking my health for granted.
But old habits die hard; i've kicked it, i cant say for good, cos when the craving hits, i long for selfish escape and release in the soft, warm, fuzzy swirls of cigarette smoke.

The Husband is patient with me when i get the craving. Smoke lah, he says- as long as you dont do it everyday its ok with me.
Such a sweetheart he.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home