Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Unbearable Lightness of Being....a few grams lighter!

They fell all around me
Desolate wisps of hair
Thick black and sad as night. Serves it right!

I’ve too many things
In my head
And of late, it’s an extra burden
To lug around

No, It’s not enough to just let it lie
There, hair is not like
Ears in it's quiet reticence.

Hair is an attention seeking animal.
It demands washing and is forever starved
Sucking endless tubes of conditioning,
oiling -
Then in growing thick and fat
It leerily shoves it's unwanted presence
into your face

Until one day
You wake up and realize
You’re living for The Hair!

It’s too much
To expect of one woman!
Sweep it away, I will not cry for it’s passing.


-----

The hairdresser glared at my hair.
She tut-tutted.
My hair is obviously a personal affront to her. I refused to feel ashamed of my obvious neglect.
There comes a point when you just give up. Especially when the hair, as in my case, is so resistant to being controlled.
She clucked in disgust at one point, and said,

"So much hair? And so curly?! Tsk!!!"

I was tempted to retort back but decided the best course of action is to stay silent. It's not smart to diss a restaurant chef nor a hairdresser.

6 Comments:

Blogger dsnake1 said...

hair today, gone tomorrow.
you must be in a good mood to write such a funny piece.

enjoyed it!

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I like this one. You've turned hair into a creature!

Be careful of your "it's" and "its" though. :)

- Liz

12:49 PM  
Blogger Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

Yeah, hair almost, almost drove me insane running wild everywhere despite my too ineffective attempts to bring it down and give it some semblance of order with pins, bands , assorted paraphernalia etc... But sadistic hairdresser (who surely must harbour deep ambitions to become prison-warden), put it in it's place! Heh!

1:13 PM  
Blogger floots said...

strange - i've just made an appointment
(i have a haircut every couple of years - whether i need it or not) :) forgive me for old joke
shall i have a trim or a crop
(i'll decide on the day)
enjoyed this
nice to know i'm not alone :)

10:46 PM  
Blogger Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

yup, we seem to share the same "hairstyle" = dishevelled!
Haha...I'm waiting for the day when dishevelled will be in fashion, then we can strut our stuff!

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home