Friday, September 22, 2006

Movie Screening: The Teenage Textbook

Last Wednesday I watched the film screening of the best-selling novel by Adrian Tan, 'The Teenage Textbook'.
Sitting in the front row of the cinema, I was by myself, and engrossed in the story until halfway through when I registered out the corner of my left eye a disturbing movement- a late-comer who came and settled a seat away from me.

Now the story was a lighthearted comedy, but it had it's emotional peak parked near the end when the heroine (Mui Ee) tearfully confessed her fears of her love someday reaching the end of it's course and dying out. At this point, foolish romantic old me, cried too. Fat blobs of tears I tried very hard to keep inside just rolled out of my eyes despite my best efforts to furiously blink them back in. I hoped my pretend wiping at dust-in-eyes and furtive swiping at cheeks didnt catch anyone's attention...
When the movie came to an end and the credits rolled, the lights came on. The program's emcee informed the audience that the writer Adrian Tan was in the audience for a Q&A session and welcomed him to step onto the stage. The late-comer sitting beside me stood up......


__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Had some time on my hands today so fooled around some with the Photoshop, this function I've newly discovered called 'Watercolour'. I love the paint-like effect it lends, particularly to portraits, so I'm gonna take more shots this weekend and play around some more.


1st photo above with watercolour setting set at 1.


2nd photo above of suze with watercolour setting set at 2. Definitely nicer contrasts.

3 Comments:

Blogger floots said...

nice pix
loved the adrian tan story :)

3:01 PM  
Blogger Plus Ultra said...

lovely b & w, looks as if your new job is not too demanding...

10:40 PM  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

ooh, it's good you didn't scold him for being late.

and hey, you can download some free plugins for pS, they can be quite fun and useful.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home