Sunday, January 27, 2008

Something to think about

'..if my muscles ache, it's because I've used 'em. It's hard for me to walk up them steps now, its 'cuz I walked up 'em every night to lay next to a man who loved me. I got a few wrinkles here and there, but I've layed under thousands of skies with sunny days. I look and feel this way, well cuz I drank and I smoked. I lived and I loved, danced, sang, sweat and screwed my way thorough a pretty damn good life if you ask me. Getting old ain't bad Ben. Getting old, that's earned. '
(The Guardian)

5 Comments:

Blogger Cold Cut Ten said...

hmf... I'd rather this: I hope I never come to realise that I am old when I am old.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

HA! It'd be damm near impossible not to realise you're old when yr breasts starts flapping and you think its a good day when you can find one black hair on yr head. I'll be grateful if i still have hair tho. Better than receeding hairline..*shudder-shudder*

11:19 PM  
Blogger ~Nitoo Das~ said...

We should all try getting old. There might be something in it for us, who knows?

PS: Hey, ~river~ here. How've you been? I'm trying valiantly to get back to blogging. I'm optimistic yet. Heh.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

Hi River...you should get back to blogging...your tittilatingly creative writings, sketches and poems will definitely be missed if you stop? :(

6:29 PM  
Blogger iamnasra said...

Sweet againg ..loved this thought ..

Came to tell you

Nominations for the 2008 Poet Laureate of the Blogosphere begin April 1st. http://bloggingpoet.squarespace.com/bloggingpoetcom/category/poet-laureate-of-the-blogosphere

Pls spread the word

Thanks

Nasra

2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home