Thursday, July 31, 2008

The eternal sunshine of a spotless mind

This afternoon it was my turn to accompany the students from Giessen and Lyon on their immersion programme. Over lunch, I chatted with the french students and was particularly impressed by one of the girls. At 16 years, she has already decided she will attend further studies in a school specializing in math and science and determined to become a doctor and the route she was going to take henceforth, to get her medical degree. She spoke with a clear passion that I felt carried away too by her enthused manner. I hope for this girl that unlike a lot of other teenagers whose dreams fizzle with time, that for this one, the dream will continue to shine bright.

3 Comments:

Blogger iamnasra said...

Wow yes ..Im still searching at 36

4:27 AM  
Blogger iamnasra said...

Well also this day was my birthday ..so its nice to come back and comment on it ..creating a memory of it

4:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday my friend..:)

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home