Friday, July 07, 2006

Humourless People

The husband and I went to to our usual coffeeshop this evening to grab some hot tea. We sat at the spot near the big-screen TV showing an Indonesian ghost story involving a very unghostlike figure in drab funeral wraps.
I'm sure its a real low budget production. The make-up was unconvincing, I mean, seriously! Its a ghost story, at least get the make-up right? And if this wasn't bad enough, this ghost then tried to get back his false teeth from a dentist who had unwittingly received the teeth from this other guy who's character's too boring to even mention.
In one "climactic" (supposedly) scene, the ghost suddenly appeared in the dentist's office and said,
"Give me back my false teeeeeeeeeeeeeth....doctorrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!".
And that was it. I started to hoot with laughter. And then i realised everyone else around us weren't laughing.
Come on! Its a joke of a ghost story, people!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home