Monday, October 23, 2006

Deepavali Celebration at Suze

Got my baju kurung (malay traditional dress) at Joo Chiat Complex before heading off for breaking of fast cum Deepavali dinner at Suze & Ganesh's home. Of cos dinner at their place comes with the Indian buffet spread of chicken curry, dried mutton curry, fried birds-eye chilies, prawns, fried wings, sauteed long beans and yellow rice. Typical Suzi spread which would kill an average housewife to prepare but not Suzi The Great. I brought my SEPET movie vcd which we watched. All in all, a very nice Deepavali :)

The nite before, the Husband and I hopped down to McDonalds at 4am for an early breakfast. This is becoming our typical ritual for the Ramadan month on days that I can't be bothered to cook, which is becoming a pretty frequent event..haha.
I spotted a cute chinese hunk eating 2 tables away and pointed him out to the Husband who said:

"I dont understand why you think these single-eyelid chinese boys are so cute. They look like freaks to me. Double eyelids are better; especially when it rains... you get double protection from the rain falling into your eyes!"

Me: Hello, haven't you heard of umbrellas???

Husband: Which brings me to my next point! I'm sure if you research, you'll find out its the chinese who invented umbrellas. I'm telling you it's because of their slit-eyes.

...I wonder sometimes at the logic that goes on behind my husband's brain. i suspect it malfunctions sometimes.

2 Comments:

Blogger dsnake1 said...

Watch that waistline!

good that you enjoyed your Deepavali. me, i was at work, and it was a bad day. :(

11:05 PM  
Blogger Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

Oh dear...what happened? When I was working in the service line, I remembered that I didnt mind so much working during the Public Holidays because I get paid double! heheh!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home