Wednesday, June 07, 2006

(Idol commentary) I laugh

The female contestants in Idols should be charged with causing grievous hurt. How in the world did they get shortlisted?

I cringe especially when Geraldine Chua tried (and failed phenomenally) to rally the audience for support and got lacklustre clapping instead. But strangely, she still didn't look embarassed. Must have very thick hide this one.

Siew Woon- she sang "Are you happy now", is pretty cute though and can sing okay, i like her, although I dont understand why the judges kept picking on her "convent" image.
But to me, Rahimah seems the only one with real potential tho' she's a tad strange...

I question why i keep watching since time and again its been proven singaporeans just can't sing. Maybe I enjoy listening to Ken's moments of horrifying bloopers. Today after one of the contestants sang the Air Supply song "I can't live (if living is without you)", ken said : " i can understand why you can't live... "

He's so bitchy I wonder if he's actually a transvestite stuck in a male body.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cold Cut Ten said...

Rahima has a very interesting voice, I think she just needs to learn to get it under control a bit more. I thought she drove it too hard in some parts of her song, but she's got the attitude and I think she's good. Jasmine is not bad, I quite enjoyed it and she seems to be having fun.

Gayle was sadly disappointing. On a side note, I don't know why idol contestants like to pick that Alisha Keyes song -- it always leads to disaster. In Gayle's case, she started the song a bar too early and then after that, her confidence was completely shot.

/simon mode off

9:34 PM  
Blogger Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

I thought Gayle had talent from previous round of watching her, plus she's not really singaporean is she? That makes her qualified to be an Idol :P
And then she sang. And i couldn't believe it just got more and more horrible as she went along.
That Alicia Keys song... u need big lungs to carry that off. Asians are small so we have small lungs.
We are doomed by our genes to not be able to sing that song. Sigh.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home