Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Sydney Holiday 25th-31st May 2007

It is with some amusement that i'm blogging again...its been quite awhile since my last post and somehow the old fingers seem to have forgotten how to connect to the mind and find the appropriate words to put to screen. Yikes, that's how Blog-rusty i am! Anyhoo, the hubby was meeting up with clients in Sydney last month and so i decided to join him and grab the chance to meet up with old buddies ray, eve and yen.

Places I went and am glad I did:
a) Sydney Fish Market at Pyrmont (for amazing variety of oysters, prawns and other fresh, sweet, lip-smacking seafood!!!)
b) Queen Vic Building & The Tea Room (for high tea in lovely setting)



c) Max Brenner's Chocolates (to feel like a kid again and ogle the huge chocolate pipes running from huge choc vats to the ceiling and tap!)






d) Circular Quay & Sydney Opera House (picturesque!)






e) Royal Botanic Gardens (like Singapore Botanic gardens with wedding couples strolling about, cept that it's much much colder and has a glamourous backdrop of the Harbour Bridge aka The Hangar)
f) Bondi Beach (gorgeous beach, gorgeous bods, gorgeous surf-dudes, gorgeous blue skies! I SO belong here!!!heh! heh! )










Places I went and wished I hadn't bothered:
a) Hay Market (endless tacky souvenirs for desperate tourists)
b) Moss Vale in Southern Highlands (listed in the tourist brochure but few sydneysiders know of its' existence with good reason. Its a dead town that resembles the set for 'Children of the Corn'
c) Hunter Valley, the Wine Road (becos I'm not a wine lover)





Places I missed altogether and perhaps reserve for a future visit:
a) Blue Mountains
b) Pitt St Shopping Area
b) Bowral in Southern Highlands (the countryside where 'Babe'the movie, was filmed)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Cold Cut Ten said...

If you take a road trip through that part of Australia, you'll come across small towns that are more interesting for souvenir hunting. :)

I've been to the Blue Mountains. Very beautiful, and as I recalled, they have a stairway along one of the sides; if you have what it takes, it's probably worth doing so for the scenery. I climbed down some way but not all the way because I started from the top and was afraid I couldn't get back up to where our car was if I went all the way down.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

Drats! Wish I had more time to explore really. Hopefully I get a chance to try again in this lifetime. Problem is, there's just too many countries to explore and so little time! Sigh!

1:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the opera house shots are nice...ahh...lucky gal

7:26 PM  
Blogger Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

It certainly was nice being there, despite the wind slapping going on there...it was very chilly and my face felt quite frozen stiff after 5 mins getting out from the cab..haha!

1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home