Monday, March 12, 2007

Reflections for a friend

I’m getting married!- she said
He’s the one, I'm sure of it!
Be happy for me, you’re my friend
I know you will be.

He’s so wrong for her…I know it
Sometimes, being a friend, you have to know
Its' not your decision
Its' not your life.
And you surface the joy that is missing
From your heart

Where is he? Why are you always alone?
No, he wanted to come, really he did...
But he’s tired
Yes, he wanted to celebrate our anniversary too,
but you know? His work…
He wanted to but he couldn’t,
He wish he could but of course it was impossible...
He really wanted to…no, of course he wanted to…

He tried to kill me, she said
Thought I was carrying on with another man
Took a pillow
And nearly suffocated me

It’s over – she said.
He’s so wrong for me,
Now I know it.

----------------
I wrote this upon learning what a friend is going through in her unhappy marriage. Obviously i was very disturbed when i heard her story and wondered why she is still sticking around. I suppose there's alot about love i have yet to understand, my husband nizan always advises me not to give counsel when it comes to other peoples' marriages and problems. I know he's right, the decision to know when a marriage has gone bad is hers alone to make. I hope she realizes it soon becos no man is worth all that.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Cold Cut Ten said...

>>Be happy for me, you’re my friend, I know you will be.

I'd say I'll try, but I'm sure you can tell when your friends aren't sure. And then what do we know about you and him?

A friend of mine who had a rather protective boyfriend said, "he's not what you think. Most of the time, he's just crazy and fun."

I wonder why is it that most of the time we always only saw his _other_ side.

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its touching ..been so long ..you have been missed by me ..hope all is well

Nasra

5:44 AM  
Blogger Cold Cut Ten said...

missed by me too.

hope all is good, EP!

9:09 PM  
Blogger STAG said...

scary poetry.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

Liz,
you're right, sometimes its so obvious that he's far from Mr Right, but usually people want to see what they want to see, that's the problem :(

Nasra...my apologies...blogger has not been kind to my updates lately...just managed to resolve the technical problem...thanks for yr kindness in thinking of me...

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home