Saturday, June 10, 2006

Another rushed day

Think i should slow down my life. Am begining to feel pretty exhausted from over-activity. I hate to admit this but perhaps age is catching up faster than i can run.

On saturday, we went to pick up the husband's new HP iPAQ 6818 at Adelphi and then to Funan to collect some lens for a friend. On to Arts House next, to view the Cartier-Bresson exhibition.
Not much there to wow me, to be honest, perhaps because the subject matter is primarily the social commentaries of France and other countries, and this were taken around 70 years ago. So, if it had been interesting then, its perhaps dated now, at least to me. So generally not very memorable.

We had dinner at Adam Road, before rushing to Bukit Timah NTUC to get some fresh fruits as I'd promised my sister I'll help prepare some fruit salad for my nephew's 7th birthday today. Rushed to her place at Gerald Drive for the birthday party.
With the help of my younger sister, Aza and sister's lovely, sweet maid (Atik), we frantically chopped a small mountain of fruits and cut them into colourful little star & heart shapes using some cookie-cutters I'd bought earlier at Adelphi. After that, we did the chocolate fondue for the fruits and only then, FINALLY, FINALLY i got the chance to play with the kids. Didn't even have the energy to drag myself to the poolside BBQ-pit so i just grab whatever food i could from the kitchen. Gah!

Playing with my 1 yr old nephew, Abshar, is so fulfilling but so super-tiring as well! I wish I could post up a photo of this little tot crawling around the house wearing his funky blue bandanna! Will try to get the photo from sis so i can put it up soon.
My nephew Abshar ( I call him CREAMPUFF cos he's so white and chubby and sweet!) is too adorable for words and the feeling i get as i hug and squeeze his chubby little body against mine is pretty awesome; i get these sweet glimpses of what a mother's life would be like, as he crawls happily away from me but then turns his head back occasionally to locate my face as if to assure himself that I'm still around. And chuckles softly when i feign surprise to see him and like a mad woman, scream his name and then he continues crawling.

My little creampuff makes me melt...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home