Thursday, June 15, 2006

Jamie Cullum in concert!

The husband sms me at 4pm today and said , "get ready to go for Jamie Cullum concert this evening!"
Turns out he got a pair of free tickets from the record label for the $200 VIP seats at Suntec...YAY US!!!
NIce evening, great concert which ended with majority of the audience dancing on their seats and very late dinner of chinese beef porridge at Simpang Bedok. Why can't everyday be a free ticket day?

I know I'm very old because when I see young kids rushing up to the stage to be as close to Jamie as the opportunity allows, or when a young teenage girl abandoned her chair to sit on the floor and sway to the song, or young kids dancing and whooping on their chairs. I remember how I used to be like that. But now, at 34, must pull myself together and act more like a well-balanced human being, especially with the slightly stuffy husband with me who doesn't get why the young girls scream everytime Jamie says something. Anyway, musn't do to get carried away and gross people out like some plump aunties who risk breaking their chair and cracking the floor by bopping on their chairs.


PS: Jamie says he'd spent the earlier half of his day with the Singapore Idols.
He says "... the Singapore Idols show is like a very long Shakespeare production, only with more deaths!"
Mwahahaaaa!!! Love his sense of humour.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol. i must have been one of those who ran up to the stage to get closer to JC. couldn't help myself! his music is fantastic and he just makes magic once he starts singing. oh yeah hopefully he'll come back to Singapore soon, I'll definitely go again. :)

1:41 AM  
Blogger Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

He was pretty awesome Live, i must agree :)
I love the simply romantic 'What a difference a day makes" and my husband does the "bab-bab.." thingy now when he listens to "These are the days"..heheh!

2:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, I was there too, not a Teen at all but I was one on those dancing, for sure ! How can you sit on your chair when someone is jumping all around the stage ? it was awesome..by the way is someone got pictures of it I'll be glad if he/she could send me.
good blog by the way ;)

3:39 PM  
Blogger Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

Bonjour Orianne, et merci...for visiting my humble little blog :) Happy for you that you had so much excitement at the concert! Your blog is nice too- enjoyed the English-French versions side-by-side. Cool! Perhaps I can improve my lousy attempts at french on your blog :)

Desole...I have no photos to share, because the husband forgot to bring the camera :(

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey ! No matter... Have to do both versions for my friends and familly around the word. But if you want to improve your french better to share a drink ;)and usually I'm not translating exactly :S

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home