Thursday, June 15, 2006

On 9/11 Fahrenheit & moving on...

It is with a huge sigh of relief that I can close the chapter of my 1st completed school website project, in which i was project managing the website development for the school.

Its done, over, finito and I can move on to other things. In spite of sounding unbearably thick-skinned, I'd like to give myself a standing ovation for a job well done. Its the first time I'm working with schools, and although there were some things I'm not entirely pleased with, for e.g. the the copywriting for the website, I've learnt to manage my expectations, turn a blind eye when necessary, accept things for what they are and on occasion, just let things slip when they need to.

---------

I watched MIchael Moore's 9/11 Fahrenheit last night on HBO.
Its a movie that confirms the idiocy of President Bush and what a model example of an asshole he is.
Its a movie that everyone who considers the Iraq War justified, should watch.
By the time the film was over, I felt such a sense of anger at the systematic manner in which the Bush administration had duped the American people and the rest of the world, into attacking Iraq and the countless innocent civillians, just because it was against his family and friend's financial interests to go after the real culprits, the rich Saudi's who had funded the Al-Qaeda as well as the Bush family's pockets.
Moore exposes the billions the Bush family earns from the Saudi's as compared to the hundred of thousands he earns from working as President. Moore posed to Bush a very telling question in this regard : Who's your Daddy???
Perhaps the most interesting scene is the movie, cut from actual news and video footage, showed what the President did when news of the 9/11 attack reached him. Instead of cutting short his appearance at a school to go to the aid of his people, he continued sitting there reading a children's storybook, yes I'm not kidding, even when his secretary continued to give him a second update of the second attack on the tower. On Bush's face, there was just a blank look as he continued sitting there, flipping the pages of the book.

As the film ends with the interview of a grieving American woman who had lost her son in the Iraq war, a son who didn't believe in the cause of the war to begin with, I wonder what kind of leader leads innocent children and his own people into a sham war, to kill and be killed, just so that his own interests, not his nation's, can be served.
I wonder how the American majority can still vote this kind of person into presidency.
I wonder how the Singapore government can back America in this war and how it continues in scary parallels to what the American administration is doing- to continue to create the fear propaganda in the minds of the people, such that we can be easily manipulated into supporting the government in backing America for whatever motives it may have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home