Saturday, July 22, 2006

Some events to look forward to

Speakeasy
By Beats Society

Speakeasy is the only gathering in Singapore to merge Hiphop, Indie Rock, Electronic music and Visual Art together amidst a poetry recital setting. Partly awareness, partly carefree, Speakeasy brings together the headliners and the budding talents in these different genres to celebrate the very cause of music's endless possibilities. Open mic sessions have never been this colourful.

Saturdays: 29 Jul, 26 Aug, 30 Sep, 25 Nov & 30 Dec, 6.00pm, SAM Glass Hall.


_____________________________
Curatours
Curious to learn more about the lives of artists and the creative process that lies behind their art-making? Get the stories behind the pictures with our thematic curator-guided tours! Learn more about the works on display and the artists in our current exhibitions as SAM curators share with you anecdotes and insights.
7.00pm, Fridays. Meeting point: SAM Lobby.

____________________________

Launch of Cyril Wong's book - Like a Seed with its Singular Purpose
Sat, 29 July. Books Actually (125A telok ayer street) . 3PM

7 Comments:

Blogger Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:09 AM  
Blogger Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

This is typically me.
After posting this, I had a naggingly suspicious feeling that something else is supposed to happen next weekend. Checked my calendar and turns out I'm supposed to be celebrating my paren'ts and little sister's birthdays on the 29th. Evening.
At exactly when the Speakeasy event is happening.

Then, I check the DPS site and got Deadpoet's message invite to the poetry reading event which I also have to miss becos of all days, I have to work for the Cairo! Cairo! event.

Why is it that absolutely NOTHING happens in my life for long periods, and then when something happens, it happens all at the same time? I have shitty luck obviously.

I must remember that I am watching the play 'The Dresser' tomorrow evening. Keep forgetting about it.

2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello EP,

just want to confirm again, so will you be joining us on 29th for the book launching?

2:28 AM  
Blogger Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

Hey Alson,
The husband is interested to go, so I will be going with him. I might be bringing some other friends too, so I'll probably just see you and dsnake at the bookstore itself?

3:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That should be fun. You know the location right?

1:57 PM  
Blogger Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

Yeh, I know where it is :)
Eh, any idea what name I should call dsnake when i see him? Just thought about this and somehow the idea of calling him dsnake when i see him sounds slightly bizarre.

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha. I think it should be okay. :)

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home