Saturday, July 29, 2006

Bah Humbug

It must be the over-surplus from the excitement of yesterday's titillating dance concert or my body's reaction to being stuck for 10 hours in the freezing temperature of the University's Cultural Centre backstage. Whatever it was, I am sick today; my face feels swollen from this never-ending sneezing bout and head feel heavy and stuffed. I ended up not going for the poetry reading at Books Actually (hope Deadpoet and dsnake forgive me for not appearing) and also the Speakeasy event at SAM, 2 events I had been looking forward to going.

The finale of last night's performance by the bellydancing star, Rhanda Kamel was pretty fitting. She was a sight to behold. Its true what they say about Middle Eastern women. They truly have gorgeous figures, full-bodied and lush, its marvellous to watch her body sashay, skip and gyrate to the beat of the live drums. Both the audience and us at the wings were pretty transfixed by her "melons". And Meng commented in a loud whisper that her butt looks like it had a life of its own as it shook feverishly from right to left at speeds that would leave a race-car driver envious!

The husband rented a few DVDs so we can watch it at home:

1. Clean - a winner of Cannes film award, starring Maggie Cheung and Nick Nolte.
2. The Motorcyle Diaries - a film about a road trip which affected the lives of the 2 travellers, one of them who later became known as Che Guevara
3. The Omen - horror cult film, this one is the 25th anniversary edition. Being a scaredy-cat, I hope I can watch this one to its ending.
4. Signs - by M. Night Shyamalan. I like how Shyamalan directs his films, unfolding mysteries slowly and revealing secrets in little bits, like a good storyteller would. So I'm sure I'm gonna enjoy this one.
5. Lemony Snickett's A Series of Unfortunate Events - I loved this one, and rented it again in the hope of watching it with the wee nephews today. It was unfortunate that as events go, I didnt get the chance to today when i met them.

I hope this cold goes away soon. A sick Fazi is a super-dull Fazi.

8 Comments:

Blogger Cold Cut Ten said...

Feel better soon, EP.

Omen -- yeah that one is really creepy.

As for the reading at Books Actually, there'll be other dates. :)

5:56 AM  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Get well soon, medusa!

DP was looking out for you at the book launch. quite a crowd there.
Cyril Wong, Eric Low, Felix Cheong.
yeah, me and Mirumoto too. No problem, see u at next kopi session :)

ah, i see u have some DVDs to keep you occupied.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

Hi Liz,
The Omen was really good. I love the suspense hanging over the entire story keeping me at the edge of my seat! As I'd predicted halfway through the film, not possible that Damien can die. Ending and twist at the end still good nevertheless :)

dsnake,
Sounds like a great party, so you guys enjoyed yourself ya? I went to Cyril's blog to look at the photos; it seems Gwee was there too?
Ya, thank god for the DVDs!!! keeps me sane.

9:04 PM  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Not sure it's Gwee, but someone said Fiona Xie was there. can't confirm, wasn't paying attention :(

9:47 PM  
Blogger Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

Yup, definitely saw Fiona's face in one of the photos, how is it possible that there was a very gorgeous woman so near you and yet you didnt see her? Cyril's reading must be that good huh?! hmm.....

11:04 PM  
Blogger Pat Paulk said...

So you are the carrier of this awful Summer cold!! I came down with it yesterday. Can't remember the last time I had a cold in the middle of Summer. Misery loves company, hope you get rid of yours soon!!

7:35 AM  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

"bangs head on keyboard."
wonder DP missed it too?

10:03 AM  
Blogger Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

Dear Pat,
Take care, these new viruses are really difficult to shake off, no? Hope you feel better soon too.

Dsnake,
Never mind lah...please unstuck your head from the keyboard, its only Fiona Xie. I think Cyril looks more gorgeous..hehe

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home