Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Goodbye 33...

It is better to know, than to wonder.
It is better to wake, than to sleep.
It is better to make the worst decision...... than none at all......
We have to sweep today's possibilities under tomorrow's rug, until we can't anymore, until we finally understand
(Grey's Anatomy)

Yesterday was my birthday; happy birthday indeed, to ME! And sad farewell to sweet 33, for being an extraordinary year.

To the best mann a mädchen could have,
Thank you my dearest; you really made my day. But you know, the best gift of all was our talk at the close of the night at our usual cheap coffeeshop. That was something special. Ich liebe Dich!

To Jess and Mel,
Thanks for spending it with us. As usual, you guys/clowns just crack us up; having friends to share dinner with me on my special day was the icing on the cake! In future, no more buffets with you two at 'J Toshi'.
I'm still nursing a bad headache from an overdose of sashimi/oysters/ chicken yakitori/tempura moriawase/karaage/softshell crab/croquette/grilled cod/ etc...etc...
That beef was a dream though, wasn't it? Absolutely tender...moist....melt-in-the-mouth-juicy...we should have ordered one more plate?!?

To Sukri,
I love the chain. Not possible that I could have gotten a more perfect pressie :)

To Mum, Sis Aza, Lily, Gail, Suze, Ed, Cousin Farhan, Pai....if u guys are reading this, thank you for the kind wishes.

Aufwiedersehen,

Fudge


A bowl of agadeshi tofu for you?


Clockwise: Mel the-oyster conqueror, Happy Jes, sad remains of sashimi platter, sad remains of tempura platter...


Niz conducts a thorough exam of the soft-shelled crab while we say, "oh just eat it, niz!"

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday. It only get better as the years roll on so you have much joy to look forward to. And while you will find that you can not enjoy every moment of life, you will find that on the whole its all good. Pease

6:37 AM  
Blogger Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

Hi David,
thank you...and I agree with what you said, its so true. Life has been interesting, surprising, challenging, difficult to surmount as well at many a time, but all of these moments have been a blessing to me :) Do you mind if I add a link to your blog?

1:40 PM  
Blogger dsnake1 said...

Happy, happy birthday!! :)

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!

By the way this coming Nov will be my turn. :)

11:23 PM  
Blogger Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

Hey guys,
thanks, thanks. No birthday song for me? :P

Alson,
Eh, good to hear that. I need to know that I'm not the only one ageing around here!

12:23 AM  
Blogger Pat Paulk said...

Happy birthday!! If you ate everything you listed your whole body should ache!!! Sounded like a great party!

5:10 AM  
Blogger Medusa aka expiringpoet said...

Pat,
Great food, even better company. Can't ask for anything more 'cept maybe a second stomach :) Thanks for wishing me !

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUM!!!!!! :o)

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home